We are always searching for innovative professionals to join our team. Applicants should have strong customer relation skills, and enjoy finding new solutions to various challenges. Each applicant should be capable of seeing through ideas to the end.
Whether you are a seasoned professional or just getting started, explore your options, including internships, and discover opportunities to see how your skills and passions align with opportunities at Millcreek Engineering.
Millcreek Engineering is looking for an energetic Electrical Engineer to join a busy, fast paced engineering team. This person will be responsible for electrical designs of industrial power distribution and plant control systems for various Power, Mining and Material Handling projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform the electrical design on various projects under the direction of project engineers and per project specifications. Design responsibilities include:
- Power Distribution Design – Calculations, load lists, transformer sizing, wire and conduit sizing. Design and size raceways, including above and below grade conduit and cable tray. Power system analysis using ETAP software for load flow, short-circuit and arc-flash studies.
- Motor Control Center Design – Size motor control equipment and size the room or enclosure.
- Lighting Design – Perform lighting design and calculation using various software packages.
- Grounding and Lightning Protection Design – Design grounding and lightning protection systems per applicable codes. Work with designers to create the associated drawings.
- Procurement and Construction Specifications – Write specifications for procurement of electrical equipment and electrical installation services. Evaluate bids and make technical recommendations.
- Interface and work with other office disciplines i.e. structural, mechanical and others.
Work with the designers to produce CAD drawings which include but are not limited to:
- AC & DC schematics, wiring diagrams and one-line drawings
- Interconnection diagrams – point to point termination configuration for cables
- Electrical and Instrumentation equipment and device mounting details
- Bill of Materials, Cable Schedules, Wire lists, Panelboard schedules
- Layout drawings of control panel assemblies
- Physical layout drawings for Lighting, Grounding, Lightning Protection and Control devices
- P&ID drawings, loop diagrams, datasheets and other instrumentation design documents
Must have a four (4) year engineering degree in the electrical discipline and at least two (2) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. PE registration is a plus.
Experience with the AutoCAD Electrical and / or Autodesk Revit design suite is a plus.
Proficient with Microsoft Office programs to aid in design document creation.
Competent with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other applicable codes.
Knowledge of PLC systems and their components. Allen-Bradley ControlLogix knowledge is a plus.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Send resumes to Russ Gleave (Russg@millcreekeng.com).